Musical Accompaniment:
My apathy had blinded me
as I trudged on through the fall
Without a care or worry to spare
I must have missed your call
A great black dog was lurking in the fog
of my tired mind
Life moved on, dusk after dawn
and I'd fallen quite far behind
It was hard for me to get up off my knees
for I instinctively avoid the sun
I was lost and felt the creeping frost,
I was certain I was done
The hardest were the first for those steps hurt the worst
and I'd lost my orientation
It seemed like forever, this eternal endeavor
and I was drowning in frustration
It was no easy task removing the mask
which had long obscured my vision
For so many years I'd been plagued by fears,
my life was ruled by indecision
But my redemption came through retention
of an earlier suicide
The sun pierced the clouds and revealed the crowds
and I repressed the urge to hide
I finally found a foothold; the warmth replaced the cold
and my long-lost strength returned
I felt a smile growing and from the inside I was glowing,
I knew this happiness was well-earned
I was on the razor's edge but now I'm on the home stretch,
I've left the fog behind
And though perhaps I ought, I certainly know not
where I am headed and that's fine
Let love into your heart and you gain a fresh new start,
look to the faces all around
Millions just like you trying to somehow make it through
in this life that holds us down
Man suffers from mendacity but we all have the capacity
to help each other out
So in the face of negativity, let mercy, peace and sympathy
be the rains that end the drought

No comments:
Post a Comment