My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


14.11.13

Rootless Tree


Musical Accompaniment:

Don't be mistaken up on that mountain where you are
That bright light on the horizon ain't no morning star

A hundred twenty megaton neutron bomb
Just shattered what was left of the morning calm

The end result of a chain reaction
That you set off in negligent fashion

The turmoil anchored deep in my heart
Left unchecked has torn me apart

Nothing to do but watch and wonder
As the world as you know it is ripped asunder

I won't stop until there's nothing left
Of my hopes and dreams you left me bereft

And when at last it's finally all gone
There's still one thing you can depend on

When we all return next time around
I won't rest until I've tracked you down

You deserve two deaths for what you did to me
Left me to wither and rot like a rootless tree

No comments:

Post a Comment