My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


10.11.13

Hutch Mountain


Musical Accompaniment:
Patrick Swayze - She's Like the Wind



I drove up to the summit
Told my parents I’d gone somewhere else
Parked my car at a neighbors
You snuck me in through the garage

Hushed voices and microwaved popcorn
We talked long into the night
You laughed at my color blindness
Because I couldn’t see the letters on the cards

But you were just as oblivious
To the feelings I had for you
Eventually I came to accept
There was nothing to be done for us

But then you took on a different form
Haunted me for years to come
Across the globe you chased me
A hungry ghost I couldn’t shake

Nietzsche said we’re all growing volcanoes
And though I don’t doubt it to be true
I’ve noticed something lately
I’m growing another you

It’s astounding just how easy it is
She’s like the wind
All I have to do is adjust my sails
She’s taking me far away

And this I’m quite ok with
I never knew where I was going anyway
One hungry ghost to replace another
These words have to get out somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment