My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


27.5.14

Final December


Musical Accompaniment:

Surrounded by the night, I seek solace in the ghosts
Remnants of past lives, they're the ones I miss the most

Every one of my victories and all of my mistakes
They grow taller than the mountains and deeper than the lakes

There's so much to do and see in life but we've done and seen it all
Learn to escape your earthly ties and your true self you will recall

I was once a cobbler, a poet and a king
I've bathed in the light of the universe and drank deep from nature's spring

That each life should prove so onerous is an eternal mystery
We keep going round in circles, no progression in our history

I've never reached enlightenment like so many of my peers
I'm a prisoner of Saṃsāra, idly roaming her frontiers

To try to find your family, human life is much to short
And yet life itself is unbearable without some form of support

All that's left is meditation, we must all learn to remember
So that we must only suffer but one more final December

No comments:

Post a Comment