My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


15.5.14

Internal/External


Musical Accompaniment:

Perhaps just a smidgen?
I can't even give you that
Have you completely lost your religion?
It's nothing to shake a stick at

Meet you half way there?
No, I think I'll have to pass
Do you not even care?
More like I'm running out of gas

You mind lending a hand?
It'd be the neighborly thing to do
Even if it gets you banned?
I don't like what you're up to

I thought you wanted to help out?
No, I think I've changed my mind
What are you on about?
No contracts were ever signed

Aren't these problems all your own?
I just wanted some support
Could you just leave me alone?
I guess I've got one last resort

Hey, how're you coming along?
I'm about to be run out of town
Really, what went wrong?
I'm sorry to let you down

Do you still think of me sometimes?
Occasionally, I guess
Have you read any of my rhymes?
Yeah, the make me feel depressed

Was it really so long ago?
It feels like it's been ages
And what've I got to show?
The truth's there in the pages

Oh, what happened to your book?
A thousand things and more
Could I have a look?
I don't really see what for

Could I be in any way of assistance?
Here we go again...
Are you still mad because of the distance?
I'm mad because you could've helped me then

What did you expect me to say?
I don't know, I feel contrite
Could it have gone any other way?
It wasn't my fault outright

You think I don't know that?
Of course, my apologies
Then what are you getting at?
The problem's with your ideologies

My principles are sound
You've never been more wrong
At least I've got my feet upon the ground
Yes, but is that where they belong?


No comments:

Post a Comment