My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


4.6.14

Superficial


Musical Accompaniment:

I'm no longer building a life, I'm just surviving mine
All this bureaucracy and bullshit, I solve it all with wine

For a few short hours I thought I had it figured out
But the emptiness left in your wake eventually triggered doubt

My suspicions were confirmed and I felt dumb for even hoping
And now I'm in the same old boat: confusion, stress and coping

A friend when it's convenient, a lover on occasion
To make of it anything more would take both effort and persuasion

But I don't know what else to do so I sit here and wait
Emotions all a mess, head full of thoughts I can't keep straight

I guess I've hit a roadblock, I've no idea what it is I want
So I grow tired of waiting and call you up all nonchalant

And as ever the case: my efforts get me nowhere
I sink back into my couch and wonder if I honestly even care

That is where you'll find me, anchored to my lethargic mooring
As my head battles my heart: a war ever enduring

No comments:

Post a Comment