Musical Accompaniment:
Dozens of broken bottles
Began to wash up on the shore
And even as we went to bed
There just kept coming more
Days later the phenomenon
Had reached its apparent end
So I went out onto the beach
And in my book, these words I penned:
"It is strange to find such beauty
Amidst such catastrophe"
For as the morning sun caught the colored glass
I heard the world call out to me
And I learned things in that moment
As I stood awe-struck in the sand
I learned that hardly anything
Will ever turn out as planned
There doesn't have to be a reason
Things can happen just because
And life doesn't seem to have a purpose
But I learned then that it does
For, rationally, I knew
There must be some absurd explanation
But what this happening meant to me
Was up to my interpretation
And I finally I understood
The sheer simplicity of it all
That life is what you make of it
Triumphs and failures great and small
And in the face of negativity
There is but one thing to be done
You must find beauty in the chaos
Like broken bottles in the sun

No comments:
Post a Comment