My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


10.12.14

Relapse


Musical Accompaniment:

I threw out my shoulder
Skipping stones across the creek
Another sign I’m getting older
I’ve grown tired and I’m weak

It’s been a year since Whimsical Poverty
And though I did make some progress
I’ve accepted this beard as part of me
And I’ve more or less regressed

Twenty years from now
When I look back on all of this
Will I still be asking how
Or will it seem obvious

My liver’s taken a beating
From every cent I’ve earned this year
History once again repeating
And the beginning’s drawing near

So we begin another trip
Around our lonely sun
Though we’re sailing on a broken ship
Staring down the barrel of a gun

So I slip into a reverie
To escape the situation
I give myself up to a memory
And lose all sense of concentration

If I’m lucky I’ll maintain this state
And I’ll never see it coming
Because while sober I can see my fate
And there’s nothing that’s more numbing

No comments:

Post a Comment