Musical Accompaniment:
Desperately searching for something I haven’t already said
There are much better things one could do on a bed
There are much better things one could do on a bed
We’re still lying awake at 3AM
All of my arguments, you still condemn
All of my arguments, you still condemn
I know in the morning this will start up once more
Our passive-aggressiveness has become a cold war
Our passive-aggressiveness has become a cold war
So I throw in the towel and go to bed bitter
Wishing that I could call in a pinch hitter
Wishing that I could call in a pinch hitter
I don’t see how either of us can be considered mature
It’s at times like these I don’t see the allure
It’s at times like these I don’t see the allure
A family and kids, a house with a garden…
This might sound awful but if I may beg pardon
This might sound awful but if I may beg pardon
Love is a socially-accepted form of insanity
It’s a plague inflicting all of humanity
It’s a plague inflicting all of humanity
I kicked the habit, I think it was long overdue
It was a battle but I eventually pulled through
It was a battle but I eventually pulled through
Falling out of love was an alleviation
Indeed the highest form of emancipation
Indeed the highest form of emancipation
My heart and my mind belong solely to me
You can't own them any more than the shade of a tree
You can't own them any more than the shade of a tree
Though I may still loan them if I feel inclined
They remain with me when you leave me behind
They remain with me when you leave me behind
I’m happy like this, honest I am
And if you don’t believe me, I don’t give a damn
And if you don’t believe me, I don’t give a damn
Because love is a drug and it’s so hard to quit
I learned a lot about love when I fell out of it
I learned a lot about love when I fell out of it

No comments:
Post a Comment