My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


10.9.14

Universal Soul


Musical Accompaniment:

Floating through the cosmos, I am weightless and without form
They say space is cold and lonely but passing through this nebula, I feel warm

This close the light's spread thin, the color's lost to me
But I need not my eyes to enjoy it, it's my heart with which I see

Thousands of square light years: this nursery, my home
All the time which I have spent here, my thoughts could fill a tome

One day I'll reach the threshold and drift back out into deep space
But I'm in no hurry to get there, this is a journey not a race

I must learn as much as I can so when the time comes I'm prepared
For the next journey's even greater and I'll fail if I am scared

To transnavigate the void armed with nothing but my thoughts
When the mightiest of galaxies appear as nothing more than dots

My mind my lead me astray or help me to find my goal
But it all depends on how I've lived if I'm able to keep control

For the Bardo is truly frightening and it's easy enough to lose your way
But the real trick with the Jāti is just how much you take away

Because each life begins anew and we must learn everything again
And this is why it's crucial to seek enlightenment through zen

That we might this time make it further or even reduce the distance
That we may finally reach the edge and escape the suffering of existence

No comments:

Post a Comment