My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


2.2.14

Monkeys


Musical Accompaniment:


Mine was black and gruesome
Its fur a dirty mess
I’d quite gotten the impression
It was bigger than the rest

I’ve no idea just how long
The bastard avoided my detection
I couldn’t see him in the mirror
For I no longer cast reflection

Its weight had drug me down
Its words led me astray
It had been feeding on my sorrow
Like a glutton at a buffet

For all I know it could’ve just been
All I need was the distraction
But just like Jagger, I was on a losing streak
And couldn’t find any satisfaction

So I looked to you, my friends
I knew you’d never let me down
You gave me hope where there was none
And made a smile out of my frown

To each of you I owe so much
You picked me up and made me see
Put me back on track and helped me
Replace the alcohol with endorphins

Now I’m my old self again
I’ve regained my confidence and composure
So look to me if ever you need help
And I’ll get that monkey off your shoulder

1 comment:

  1. And stay who you are my friend. Yours Philipp T. Hayne

    ReplyDelete