My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


10.1.14

Swelling Rage


Musical Accompaniment:
Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page

I am an empty book
But it hasn't always been this way
The book was a third full
Until I was betrayed

I ripped out all the contents
In a fit of dour rage
I couldn't stand to see her there
Smiling upon the page

I'd try to keep on writing
But the only pen I've found's a knife
I'll pour my blood out on the paper
To try to make something of my life

The worst kind of people
Are those you cannot hate
The ones that ruin everything
Yet it's still somehow your mistake

Sometimes I wanna rage-quit
But my senses tell me no
To move on and find myself
I'm gonna have to go

Where to's a damn good question
I've never felt so lost
I just wanna make it through this
No matter what the cost

So I close the book and try to forget
The stories it once told
I'll lick my wounds and try to make room
For a new life to unfold

No comments:

Post a Comment