My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


12.9.11

An Autumn Reminder


On my way home the grass in the field bent in unison under the wind and made wavy patterns on both sides of the path.  And for the first time in a while, I felt the wind pushing me instead of pulling.  It's always a little more comforting to be nudged than to be tugged upon.  I realized that until that moment, for the longest time, I felt as if i was being dragged somewhere whether I wanted to end up there or not.  But suddenly I felt the gentle push from behind -more like friendly encouragement or support.

It felt strange but somehow familiar.

Though the air is different here, I recognized a particular scent: a tinge of death, over-powered by the promise of new life and there, just barely noticeable...  It was so good that I took a little pause right there on the path and watched the fields dance.  I was alone though it wasn't that late.  I turned into the wind to welcome it upon my face and that's when I saw you standing behind me.

I felt my limbs grow lighter though I certainly wasn't high; it had been at least two long years since we'd last said goodbye.

I just smiled and you smiled back at me.  I thought to speak but didn't want to interrupt the rustling of the trees.

We just enjoyed the moment looking into each other's eyes.  I sensed you hadn't returned to stay but it was still such a nice surprise.

You were, as always, stunning in the crisp and breezy air -that simple smile and gleaming look, with your legs and arms all bare.

I watched some leaves scatter past and pretended they were thousand dollar bills.  But I didn't care to see them go, it was the thought of your departure that gave me chills.

But there was something there behind your look and although we didn't speak, I knew for certain this was by no means the last time we would meet.

I waved and smiled and you beamed right back, then turned and walked away, leaving me with the courage that I'd lacked and hope for a brand new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment