Musical Accompaniment:
Written August twenty-fourth, at a quarter past three
In the rain and the moonlight, for my enemy:
It's been over half a year since we last exchanged words
Mine were respectfully cordial, though apparently for the birds
I listened to your arguments and excepted them as fact
But I no longer believe them after seeing you react
There must be a deeper meaning, for your actions make no sense
Yet to this day, to my dismay, I still struggle with your pretense
Maybe I was to your fancy but not up to your standard
Maybe it just seemed that way since to my lechery you pandered
Maybe you need the drama to make sense of your existence
Though I really don't appreciate you forcing my assistance
And these are all just speculations, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt
If the end of our "friendship" was truly all it brought about
But that's simply not the case, as you know all too well
To put it into your own words: "I'll make your life a living Hell"
Though I have to disappoint you there, you are indeed an irritation
Because now I have an enemy - a source of great frustration
Your pride's too big to swallow, live and let live is your surrender
You should've learned by now, as you are not a first offender
So here I put to paper, now at twenty past three
Yet some more honest words, with which you'll disagree
All this awkwardness and discomfort, it was easy to foresee
For nothing good has ever come from making an enemy

No comments:
Post a Comment