My Works

Simply use the navigation bar to the right to browse through my works that I've posted here.
Many of the pieces have musical accompaniment which can be heard either in the built-in player or by clicking on the link.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment box.

Thanks, Michael


3.5.09

The Hunter and the Hermit

I am a saboteur of my own goals
I enjoy the hunt more than the meal
I play stupid games when I should not
I forget what is and isn't real

I've been dawdling far too long
One day the tortoise will take his prize
Then I'll have to reinvent myself
And shed this heavy guise

I am a borrower of stones and books
And I misplace all that I own
I cannot keep my thoughts in line
The seeds were scattered when they were sewn

I've woken up wishing I had not
And felt the breath of God upon my face
Tomorrow doesn't quite exist for us
Yet we welcome it with embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment